Badge description :
Create a badge for Community Survey Takers
Help the badges team understand what this idea is all about. If this badge is
awarded for certain kinds of activities:
Taking a survey to help provide feedback on community health
2) Who is doing them (are they packagers? translators? newcomers? veterans?
"You took a Fedora Community Survey!"
3) Why are they doing them (is this a means to a different end?)
- to help improve Fedora community outreach & overall community health
4) When do they do them (every day? once a year?)
- This should be happening yearly minimally, so we should make this into a series.
5) How do they do them (by talking in IRC? by running commands in the console?
by using a web interface?)
- It will be done using a survey platform
Lastly, do you have any ideas for artwork concepts?
- A clipboard with paper/check marks and numbers counting up for number of surveys completed 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 - can remix this artwork: https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/585
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Custom field artwork adjusted to None
- Custom field concept_review_passed adjusted to None
- Issue tagged with: outreachy-2021
Hey @marianab ! I have an idea for this badge. Contributions can be celebrated as small victories, so for every contribution a MILESTONE badge can be given.
I thought of a panda standing on a sphere(like earth) with the fedora logo , or even a mountain like this, andhe has a victory flag stuck in the ground. Kind of like this. https://images.app.goo.gl/emTKEf6M4WmPtZ4K6
Every 5th (or every other) contribution by the receiver can be rewarded with another different style of badges, so that it excites them to work for the next level of badge.
Another idea is of a panda racing , he has just reached the finishing line first and is the winner. Ex- https://images.app.goo.gl/azDM775ZgHuLYCKu7
Do tell me if these sound interesting, I would like to work on these. :)
Seems like this issue is related to https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/780
Hi @marianab @somya23 @sayaksarkar I updated the ticket description to reflect what we need for this badge. Because we have the other ticket for the TTF member and artwork is started there, lets focus this badge on survey taking.
Here is another idea for the art:
- A panda sitting and taking a survey, this artwork could be remixed: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Badges/issue/107
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue tagged with: artwork - needed, difficulty - easy
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue untagged with: difficulty - easy
- Issue tagged with: difficulty - intermediate
@riecatnor Now the need for the artwork looks pretty specific, thanks for helping in this! How is this design for reference? I saw the one which you referred but I think taking a survey didn't need much paperwork and it would look much better with a clipboard holding panda, wearing a tie with colors reflecting fedora. Do tell me your thoughts on this. 😊😍
@somya23 that idea is cute!! I would say go for it! Crop it to the top half of the figure (waist and up). Looking forward to what you come up with :)
@riecatnor Hey, Sorry I took some time in this, due to covid, our exams had been shifted and it has been a bit hectic. 😥
I designed this completely in inkscape, the Beizier tools works like magic for me!! 😍❤
I understood few of the mistakes I did in "How Do You Fedora" video series issue and rectified them here. -https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/798
<img alt="clipboard_version_2.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d8e051d59dc2ac8af722b718b5912961a1d8c526cf31791c3c485459e15fc979-clipboard_version_2.0.png" /><img alt="clipboard_version_2.0.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/9360c9e9792f85a1be7530cb6f0cf26803476a245888e3418862baceee41bfbd-clipboard_version_2.0.svg" />
Hi @somya23 you are hitting it off with badges, love that :D Also, so glad you are getting into inkscape, its a lot of fun for me too! This is really cute, though I think there are some adjustments that would help make it more "Badge-y":
- Make sure you are using the Fedora & Fedora badges palette for your artwork, found here: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/badges/design-badges/
- I would say choose a background pattern from the resources link I posted in the last line
- Remove the bubble shadow from the bubble object, we don't have this on any other badges, so it would make it stand out quite a bit
- Remove the gradient from the panda ears and style them more like other badge art found here: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/famsco-member
- The paws look a bit off. The one on the left can be pretty much round :) Here is a nice example of a panda holding a pencil: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/working-a-beat-beat-writer-ii
- Try some of the colors from the palettes for the clip board, maybe a purple with a grey clip?
- Move your panda down just a little bit so it's head is more centered in the design
Looking forward to the next draft!
Hi @riecatnor i have tried to make my first draft on it. Looking forward to hear from you.
<img alt="servay-taker-badge1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/058aa760d543e6c0db84f7e938f95003eba9ff356368167af4988e34459f627b-servay-taker-badge1.png" />
<img alt="outreach-survey-taker.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/42203a4fc7f73608633138ffe9492002b0998afd5d676907ba53e1de202202d4-outreach-survey-taker.svg" />
Hey! @riecatnor Haha, thanks! I saw that there were many open issues so I tried my hand at as many as I could. Got to have so much fun playing around, lol. 😁😛
I am loving inkscape I must say.❤ I have worked on two softwares majorly- adobe illustrator(for vector art) and autodesk sketchbook (for scalar art). I felt that it is less complex than illustrator and has more features than sketchbook (sort of a comfortable middle ground and an awesome software for quick learners.)🤩
Anyways, I made a few changes, keeping up with the suggestions given. Looking forward to your feedback.
<img alt="clipboard_version_4.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c8cf0769cf04416fb4506b6b99bb9c6e0c8fb8cc69f3f70e02ad8ece380939c5-clipboard_version_4.0.png" /><img alt="clipboard_version_4.0.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/df4eefbc684578192c0ebe3623a52930bf692bfcc279ed41676d070d7659b480-clipboard_version_4.0.svg" />
@mahnoor123 thanks for starting work on this! A couple recommendations for you:
- Right now the artwork has a lot going on. Remember these are generally viewed at a small size, so we try to make them as simple as possible while still getting the concept across. Based on this, you may want to rethink the composition
- The panda on the right side looks like it got smooshed! Make sure to hold "ctrl" while resizing objects to ensure they keep their aspect ratio
- We try not to include the Fedora unless it makes a lot of sense, I don't think we need it in this design
@somya23 nice improvements! I have a couple notes for your next iteration:
- Panda head is huge and arms are tiny! I would make the head a bit smaller, and the arms a bit rounder :)
- Give the panda some space at the top
- The clipboard is still kind of hard to understand. I think you might need to use a light color with a dark outline and simplify it a little bit.. check out this one: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/fedora-respins-tester-i
Looking forward to the next drafts :)
to comment on this ticket.