Created 5 years ago
Fork of upstream pygpgme with Fedora patches
Igor Gnatenko committed 5 years ago
A Python binding for the gpgme library, used to drive the gpg command
More information about gpgme can be found here:
This binding stays fairly close to the C API with the following
* Memory management is not exposed to the user
* Functions like gpgme_get_foo()/gpgme_set_foo() are converted to
attribute access on gpgme.Context objects.
* Functions that take gpgme_data_t arguments take arbitrary Python
file-like objects. The read(), write(), seek() and tell() methods
may be used on the object.
* Non-zero gpgme_error_t return values are converted to gpgme.error
* Only the synchronous versions of functions have been wrapped.
However, the Python global interpreter lock is dropped, so should
play nicely in multi-threaded Python programs.
* Function pairs like gpgme_op_import()/gpgme_op_import_result() are
combined into single method calls.
* The Python version of gpgme_op_keylist() returns an iterator over
the matched keys, rather than requiring the user to use a special
This library is licensed under the LGPL, the same license as the gpgme