#4793 Information apps.fedoraproject.org/packages not updated for a while
Closed: Fixed None Opened 7 years ago by scren.

= bug description =
The package information on apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel seems to be stuck at around 2015-06-04 03:00:00 and not to have been updated since.

= bug analysis =
For instance on https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel/builds/ the last build is 4.1.0-0.rc6.git1.1.fc23 marked as "7 hours ago" while one on http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 can see that this build happened at 2015-06-03 19:23:48. The later builds on koji are not shown on apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/, and on https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel/overview/ the latest released version for rawhide is staded as "4.1.0-0.rc6.git1.1.fc23", although I have got newer versions from the repository since, at least up to kernel-4.1.0-0.rc7.git1.1.fc23.

The "LATEST BUILD 4.1.0-0.rc8.git0.1.fc23" in the top left corner of https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel/ seems to be correct, but all other information seems to be outdated.

I am not sure if this problem only appears for the kernel, or for other packages as well. I checked for some packages and at least for systemd there seem to be a problem as well (https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/systemd). The build page seems to be about 3 days delayed, but the overview page still states 220-3.fc23 for rawhide, although I already got systemd-220-9.fc23 from the rawhide repository on 2015-06-12, shortly after it was build according to koji.

= fix recommendation =
Update the information to current state. I understand that there might be some delay, but almost two weeks seems unreasonable long.

Thanks for the detailed report. It is.. a known issue. It drifts out of sync more and more over time.

We have scripts to manually rebuild the data for the whole app now, but it involves taking it offline for many hours and so I like to try to wait until it really cannot be avoided anymore.

We have the backend slated for a major rewrite in Q3 of this year which should fix the issues (look for it in November of this year).

Thank you for the answer, then I at least now that is it expected (although undesired) behavior, so that I'm not too surprised when updating to newer versions than what is shown on the webpage. I see forward to the rewrite in the fall.

We have rewritten this app and it's caching, so this should be solved.

Please reopen or file a new ticket if you see anything out of date now.

Login to comment on this ticket.