Badge description (like "You added a co-maintainer to a package. BFF!"):
- You opened a ticket on the CommOps repo, bzz bzz!
Help the badges team understand what this idea is all about. If this badge is
awarded for certain kinds of activities:
1) What are those activities?
- Opening tickets on the CommOps repo, this should be a series of 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100.
2) Who is doing them (are they packagers? translators? newcomers? veterans?
- Mostly people on the CommOps team, but it can be anyone who has an idea or issue related to the work CommOps does
3) Why are they doing them (is this a means to a different end?)
- CommOps works on improving community operations and internal outreach efforts, in general the effort is to maintain and improve the health of the Fedora ecosystem
4) When do they do them (every day? once a year?)
- This could be anytime, when folks have an idea
5) How do they do them (by talking in IRC? by running commands in the console?
by using a web interface?)
- By opening a ticket on the commops repo on pagure
Lastly, do you have any ideas for artwork concepts?
- I think it would be cool to use the "busy bee" concept and use bees, hives, honey, etc to create the artwork. We have other bugs and reptiles in our badge artwork so I think this fits right in :) I will open a corresponding ticket to this for closing tickets on the CommOps repo and it would be nice if the artwork was related
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Custom field artwork adjusted to None
- Custom field concept_review_passed adjusted to None
- Issue assigned to dhairya15
Hello! Tried something here, thoughts?
<img alt="2beeornot2bee.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/dd154df73c41d9424b079c29057480c6c791f0c4cf0016237dabe9b34715a142-2beeornot2bee.png" /><img alt="2beeornot2bee.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c16fcd249b99735dc517ad74eee561af5e64281ada426105eae32300ea570178-2beeornot2bee.svg" /><img alt="bee.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/2fb3806a10ea9bdb3c8650266b1ff1cdb80a0abbbc99090bcd961f95005620b5-bee.png" /><img alt="bee.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/1de7bb8b7984db8c80f0f41946c00ec697a5c4a1fb00d7df965fbd9cbf5b013e-bee.svg" />
I like your bussy bee artwork. I thought of some other ideas, too, like a busy bee talking on a cell phone or working on a laptop typing away. Overall it is a nice badge, and the CommOPS team would be round to have it.
Hello! Thanks for the ideas and the feedback @greenwings23 I'll try this out for the other open commops badges
I got some feedback earlier, so I've updated the design as per that:
<img alt="2beeornot2bee.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c6c0104452086486567670df86fd2a6ea0164befe359a4ed21ea5f339f29a909-2beeornot2bee.png" /><img alt="2beeornot2bee.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c915d5e0d0bc70e11b1f31cfbd0feb6cba52b08959b2fcef43b2b14fc2756945-2beeornot2bee.svg" />
There's an issue with that file
<img alt="2beeornot2bee.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e5a38fab86fb9c0abc23ec77aaa31002b00caa6d7e8d808e353fc5c2351095fe-2beeornot2bee.png" /><img alt="2beeornot2bee.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/4ad723b2abb4a2373736753224d5eaec53b158cc1beb84a680dda5092034c7a1-2beeornot2bee.svg" />
Added in numbering
<img alt="busybee1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a6a89ee4994014de681864590ddc4414a2b0323935ad33ca2fe4eea89fad5704-busybee1.png" /><img alt="busybee1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/bc5e66e2722f6f4a23d824672e2b3b41f31d286dce5e9105c94b767cb9273dce-busybee1.svg" /><img alt="busybee5.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/47e5d841c8b5faf6395f73d119fcbc827bc595c19fdb2108a4a9cc90d82c1542-busybee5.png" /><img alt="busybee5.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/f00caa61cf0f18a52dbac98e690c10f948986cfa5d0e6f512ae80bc56e87962a-busybee5.svg" /><img alt="busybee10.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/1207f08a010aabe5e8c60beb2ac762bf0345da06aa9b025322a7311170fe32fb-busybee10.png" /><img alt="busybee10.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/f9d3ca5deb0bcf52319a2454f405e9bd26e290bc20b8c8384f45f2a9a296f5d6-busybee10.svg" /><img alt="busybee25.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e242fd5f4916aa918f73628d79c7f7c4225fb322ea6f0faf0526ac45b18c5b5c-busybee25.png" /><img alt="busybee25.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e36497c97547ee236593de088dfd433117a073217e2e1d03cd1d698a023a0aad-busybee25.svg" /><img alt="busybee50.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/4ebc50233251295722ca9d3558d6abf3656dea53b8f6a4711638ad3f215872ef-busybee50.png" /><img alt="busybee50.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3d2b5ebd86da664b95e5a388c10752c544def3664a5dbed327a85e35c56ac5e6-busybee50.svg" /><img alt="busybee100.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e773ada460ec73cfa073667ee8489b1bd46ca1249e686d1bb62a6d0442a22c68-busybee100.png" /><img alt="busybee100.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/ba3d9ec9e11f995919266aea4c1c66e603331b6274d8dd2f0970f1dc4eaa59c2-busybee100.svg" />
Made some changes here
<img alt="busybee1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/4216ba774fac615a23106a47fc36d07b06770e7b41f4a00d4419de5db2049331-busybee1.png" /><img alt="busybee1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/25c4f50645a12119e2a4cea313adcb31b624581fd0dbd402f135c5d84f0d6f1f-busybee1.svg" /><img alt="busybee5.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/fb03b2c9606bdb0ac22e35b79b034681bd8a6b57b29d898bf4f195ded4eb21c7-busybee5.png" /><img alt="busybee5.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/341f72c3c33dafba8227987a548f026f42dd805ed93491c459e4661096dff294-busybee5.svg" /><img alt="busybee10.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c375949cf94935587bfc07ceef04023b49ff1a062cf7f867d298595a931748dd-busybee10.png" /><img alt="busybee10.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/46841057601fc99d441e6d7133941c9cb40c14bde71e2343cff3fc4b9af6892a-busybee10.svg" /><img alt="busybee25.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a2827f201acb18321b33bf20f8b39b563b861f5d684344884b0ec3bc801e5865-busybee25.png" /><img alt="busybee25.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e229e378db13783a52f75bb0906151b5664e63cc16c966b354106dbe4cc8005f-busybee25.svg" /><img alt="busybee50.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c980c2d105e403f4d87ed4bc5f5b3bbb08bcafb78b12e9128d4ca5639167fdc3-busybee50.png" /><img alt="busybee50.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/0e79280656ffa445e08ce5e3d68835817ae4ed460033504c7d5c1e7519a1317d-busybee50.svg" /><img alt="busybee100.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/8f96e9c7fbac7fa106cd7264d450f88dd43374b4dc4fc68144e8c7606c9c672d-busybee100.png" /><img alt="busybee100.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e991dfac2d3c5e2037c75b040618b1a7b52954f0c5487fdc2e7d03414c30c74f-busybee100.svg" />
Looking good :D setting to approved
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue tagged with: artwork - approved
Metadata Update from @smeragoel:
- Issue tagged with: ready to push
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue untagged with: artwork - approved, ready to push
- Issue tagged with: artwork-needs-improvement, category - community, difficulty - intermediate, outreachy-2022
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Assignee reset
Hello @riecatnor @smeragoel, I have familiarized myself with the design documents provided in issues. I am very much interested in improving the artwork for this badge, could you please assign this issue to me?
hi @nekonya3 - feel free to take on this task! The artwork needs improvement so you can modify the previous designs or start something new. Looking forward to your work :)
@riecatnor bzz bzz!
I tried an illustration. Please do suggest changes if you don't like the art style. I am thinking of adding either just the numbers as I continue down the series or adding new image for every year (if that is allowed) like going from one busy bee to multiple and finally an entire bee hive.
<img alt="Busy_Bee_1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/da7bb81889811a3a58575f5602a97f12f13072c48c88e1dcd9028fd0e9e77fc3-Busy_Bee_1.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d143f869790c1a2973f0f235329c2b5d3b955bf48cde7a296e1041b5ce4026a2-Busy_Bee_1.svg" />
Hi @riecatnor @smeragoel please i would like to work on this issue as well to try and improve the badge aesthetic.
<img alt="busybee1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/cb2858297e071e893574bb7cd3422db022ace3d5e37984233e2819f1fdaa0a41-busybee1.png" />
<img alt="busybee1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/abf2941aacaeb1ac23e66686c36b4b9d7c54632adde2ec701ed64fbcb3d5f3df-busybee1.svg" />
Here's my Busy Bee badge design. I'm eager to hear your thoughts. Not certain if I used the right background for this. Will await your feedback. Thank you @riecatnor @smeragoel
Here is the corrected SVG file:
<img alt="Busy_Bee_1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3a6b744ee014b71cca6ad75a89b96a22ec137e722ab7f9a3700bc504b7e5e4b0-Busy_Bee_1.svg" />
Hi @nekonya3 nice work! your bee is very cute :) Some notes:
- I like how you've used black instead of brown for the bee!
- What about trying an illustrative background or maybe even the badges "rays" background? For an illustration you could try having the bee on a flower or a field? It sounds challenging to illustrate but feel free to attempt it!
- I am not sure about the laptop, its a bit hard to read at a small size- if you keep this in there I would suggest playing around with color/strokes.
- Reduce the size of the "1" some, since this will increase it will need more space to fit the larger numbers. Plus at this size it is kinda distracting from the bee design.
@ifeanyinoel nice work, Some recommendations:
- I like your use of the wavy background with a simple design on top! nice job
- I am not sure the laptop is needed, maybe try something else.. What if you gave the bee "tracks" like it is buzzing around.
- The black could work here since bees are notoriously yellow/black. We do try to avoid black in badges as much as possible tho, so I think it would be worth it to explore a dark brown color.
Looking forward to the next drafts!
Hello @riecatnor , I attempted a lot of designs today for the badge. Here are the few I thought were matching the requirement:
<img alt="Busy_Bee_3.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/f4dc767265667e4497bd98b58bcf0c92530b1b7037fbb14db48c551727db40e7-Busy_Bee_3.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_4.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/49bb3272fa87bd20bfa1226ca7bac564e0832bf9e2e213e1ae9d06a015190ccb-Busy_Bee_4.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_5.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/36f0540dc5a2a070f00bbb0a2aa07533c6586915a67ea9f2601d413070b9e233-Busy_Bee_5.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_6.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/697852ad4d48c58db53a5bcd9b41185936451c66f3d38dc281972ec4b5834c0a-Busy_Bee_6.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_7.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/433c1cc86f9988d14b929ee73e571115bfb9facdb19e2d39ca6062e1433536be-Busy_Bee_7.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_8.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/455e08a8142caf214cadfb7a64b97be8e0fddc18dfa39acebbce371e8a696578-Busy_Bee_8.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_9.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a598ee624438b64fad7479466bd0e834ca352f81369a91f69d6714474c6cd857-Busy_Bee_9.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_10.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/eb5ce21fa71aa8274d5e6f5510341f20dac33b04f524b78df02817d5ce20bcdb-Busy_Bee_10.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_11.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/916605dc9775a37c89bc28651072ca3147a2e4667f3a864c1a358adf7c19138c-Busy_Bee_11.png" />
Kindly suggest your preference and changes.
<img alt="busybee1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/117d9284470200e57973d41e1c6508188adc7364e4215b81b0f98aa4e9ce41f1-busybee1.svg" /><img alt="busybee1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/f9c1ff6f4472feb0e7fea60d3e9c0a163e9983ac05001f9eb3db4cb793c08788-busybee1.png" />
<img alt="busybee1_2.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/ba9eb0c8c9c2d270801352d186887be6c2d622a7355b28dd53d49dcee6c650d6-busybee1_2.svg" /><img alt="busybee1_2.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/ac73d0140f5e2a35f53dff3c344e3af9e2f429b4766485025631d02ab931ab29-busybee1_2.png" />
<img alt="busybee100.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/88916d86836d281bd5a9da302477419a529608379a67bfabc0286a12c0ea7995-busybee100.svg" /><img alt="busybee100.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/40c1de635bd95ae3fab4b09f4eb6f06f34e42378a39aa13b6532b0dc6a56d221-busybee100.png" />
<img alt="busybee100_2.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/95ef3c2ff931fae276a937e2da7a15b48c82267a972f07d762dfece96ea87a20-busybee100_2.svg" /><img alt="busybee100_2.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e61bf9e73af71387274c8f95099e22fb28f5ffedc43e2152e46034d69976a1a2-busybee100_2.png" />
Hello @riecatnor thanks for your review. I have modified my badge designs based on your recommendations. I hope you like them. Looking forward to your feedback. :D
Hi @nekonya3 nice work, you've done some great exploration here! I am curious which one do you like best? :) Some notes:
- I think I am leaning towards design 6 or 11. I like the blue ray background with the yellow bee, it is pleasing to look at
- For 6, I would try some lighter/brighter green colors, the dark green is standing out against all the bright colors. I would also play with the colors on the daisy, I wonder if it could go without a stroke or maybe use a light grey as the daisy is white
- For 11, I think this one is close. The only note I have is the "100" is very close the edge of the badge area, and on the left there is quite a bit of room between the laptop and the left side of the badge area. Because of that it looks a bit unbalanced- I would recommend adjusting the placement a bit to balance that out.
Hi @ifeanyinoel lookin good! Notes for you:
- I am preferring the one on the blue background, what about you?
- I would recommend lightening the blue background
- It looks like you've lightened to dark brown, but I think you can try a little bit lighter still
- The pink numbering is very contrasty on the blue, making the background lighter might help, but you might want to play with the colors to make it more readable
Thank you for your valuable feedback!
(Personally, I like 11 the best because it clearly speaks for itself to signify a busy bee. )
I changed the stalk colour to a brighter shade while sticking to the provided colour palettes. For the daisy, I remember they have a yellow center, so I tried a yellow bloom variation besides the suggested grey one:
<img alt="Busy_Bee_18.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/ff492c1377b61bad75665495a1db97a8f823f0c4cc758af320509885957eb184-Busy_Bee_18.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_19.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/589543044f9c7afffb46869b474c5529f0fd9a768ffcadc3f0878d3920d6e3d3-Busy_Bee_19.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_20.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c77601b4d99261b109660f0332670d244d00d2e488b4fe802e9c978d98845c38-Busy_Bee_20.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_21.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/66de32f59373cb89bbe3ef40bfd8a57916d9151bdf05f9b732706c6683dd933a-Busy_Bee_21.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_22.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/f4b1d1e7a6ee193ed497539f2ffee57a7825abd79f476dd2c7a2d5ade1e92a67-Busy_Bee_22.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_23.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/31ad29f5742c073f3fc9d382925047deeef723f862ba72e3d26f8a27b2409987-Busy_Bee_23.png" />
I implemented the alignment changes, tried different orientations of the rays background for this one and made a non-shadow drop graphic too:
<img alt="Busy_Bee_12.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/939743b8bd9bd3c045078b085ec461b1889880e9ba746659e0dd8392952418ea-Busy_Bee_12.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_13.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/b2719d15c0a2459b0d95b45f06806365220970003342578355bf317757eb4bf3-Busy_Bee_13.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_14.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/8c0d3981a1c7ffbb54e1c2a6343b918feca2b9a7e9e44867ab4170633a2fefbf-Busy_Bee_14.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_15.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/4923453f9302e03534a92d2a647d94cb75294daf75dcd43f96c13f667e8c376f-Busy_Bee_15.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_16.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3e9618861b78a20f76e4789b65dc68e9632a4126695cd822e79e76ef938032ae-Busy_Bee_16.png" /><img alt="Busy_Bee_17.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/b1c164da79a0e045a35241804fe68c0ee1f6b53ced8492bae366e7ed2455396a-Busy_Bee_17.png" />
Hello @riecatnor Thanks so much for your feedback and guidance. First time actually doing any kind of illustrations lol. I've made modifications based on your comments. Please let me know what you think.
<img alt="Busybee_100.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/67c703283c1b22a9629e0c89d0c9ae3bdc898615fcc6011efd417af0d764e929-Busybee_100.svg" /><img alt="Busybee_100.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/062c30bec4bc58787b80d32983da4e8ebcc15b9b3732e534c6b4e31ee29674ac-Busybee_100.png" /><img alt="Busybee_1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/c78328bd967a3ec46975536a378d466cd2cea8e7ba5696a2b8b0aef8713c3ddd-Busybee_1.svg" /><img alt="Busybee_1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d2552737f93d235ec142601eed113dfcf666883c5628ade4f8c7000a582e4173-Busybee_1.png" />
Issue tagged with: AW: needed
Metadata Update from @smeragoel:
- Issue untagged with: AW: needed, outreachy-2023
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue tagged with: outreachy-2023
Hi @riecatnor and @smeragoel I'd love to know what you think about this. For CommOps Busy Bee
<img alt="Issue_831.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/aa8a1fe3d7556ecbd576989608ffac8500699c78b083de803abd1bfb15ca390f-Issue_831.png" />
<img alt="Download.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/522d9924b543bed0360871a3d2047275cf694325994f46dc4c4e76cf9f72c7b8-Download.svg" />
Another iteration the change was with the template background.
<img alt="Busybee_1.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a0ae5444e523f97e314efbdb96e7f14d011d686eb858d79d039c9f7a149bd7d3-Busybee_1.png" /><img alt="Busybee_1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d2b9b691eb9023b22b42cb9259c0fb715ca89a9adc0459d9ce85a1a73b72309c-Busybee_1.svg" />
<img alt="Busybee_1.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d2b9b691eb9023b22b42cb9259c0fb715ca89a9adc0459d9ce85a1a73b72309c-Busybee_1.svg" />
Hi @smeragoel and @riecatnor Here is an idea for the busy bee series 5. Please do suggest changes.
<img alt="Busybee_5.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/e9d271d7e754a3296621df0fb421af4c3eea584cdeb87aa14118927986273cde-Busybee_5.png" />
<img alt="Busybee_5.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/0ffaa0676be9d639bfa26feb6529bead901b85833a7b386de105c9b1a6ac7d94-Busybee_5.svg" />
Hi @roseline-amarachi, thank you for your contribution! I'll do a general review of all the submissions:
- The background doesn't need the stroke on the starburst as it makes it seem very busy, so let's remove that.
- I'd suggest reusing the bees from previous badges, like this one as they fit the badges aesthetic better.
- The outermost stroke on the numbering seems a bit too thick, so let's reduce that
Looking forward to your next draft!
to comment on this ticket.