Flatpak applications do not receive proper game controller support for the DualShock4 controller and possibly others. Unknown if this is an issue within Flatpak, SIlverblue, or Fedora base. Issue occurs in Fedora 31 and Fedora 32 beta at a minimum.
1) Installed a udev rule to allow DualShock4 controller via uaccess
--- example rules: https://gitlab.com/Fabish/game-devices-udev
2) Installed Steam and GNOME Games flatpaks
3) Ran --user override --allow=bluetooth for both applications
4) Connected bluetooth controller and launched each application
5) Application configuration dialogues show the controller and test input is validated
6) Launch game
--- at this point the controller does not function within the game itself
--user override --allow=bluetooth
I tested this behavior with both applications, and received the same results. I also tested this in both Bluetooth and USB connection modes.
The controller worked as expected when installing Steam as an overlay application, but installing it in a Toolbox resulted in the same problem as with Flatpak installations.
This same issue has been reported by another user on the Flathub/com.valvesoftware.Steam github: https://github.com/flathub/com.valvesoftware.Steam/issues/396
I am available for troubleshooting this issue.
to comment on this ticket.