github2fedmsg [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1078327 which is up for review] is a web application intended for Fedora Infrastructure. It currently bundles the css resources from bootstrap-fedora, an ever-so-slightly-modified fork of Twitter bootstrap, version 3.1.1.
We have a number of applications that are doing this, but which have already passed package review. We will eventually need to package bootstrap-fedora, but would like to wait until bootstrap itself is packaged (so we can copy the build process).
Can I be granted a temporary exception for this?
The build process for bootstrap involves nodejs, and so kind of falls in jamielinux's territory of the web assets world. He says
If nobody else takes an interest in packaging bootstrap, I'll give a
conservative estimate of 2014 late Q3 for when I'll have packaged it
by. It'd be sooner but I'm suffering from packaging fatigue and need
[It] seems like around 15 unpackaged deps not including deps of deps,
and Im not sure if theres anything in the bootstrap source tree that
needs unbundling [yet].
I've added it to my TODO list too, so hopefully we can be done with it before the Q3/Q4 estimate.
Temporary bundling exception granted for bootstrap-fedora css resources until bootstrap-fedora is in Fedora. (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
Unbundling begun: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencygraph.cgi?id=1115659&display=tree&rankdir=TB
to comment on this ticket.