Created 6 years ago
tooling to creat multiboot isos
Jaroslav Reznik committed 6 years ago
*** Multiboot Media Creator ***
*** Copyright 2011, 2012 Tom Callaway <firstname.lastname@example.org> ***
== What is it? ==
* It is a tool that generates a Multiboot ISO image from a set of ISO images,
with pretty menus.
* It has support for isolinux (default) and grub.
* It is written in Python.
* It supports multiarch for x86_64/i686. This means that if you pass two ISOs
with the same naming model for both x86_64 and i86, the tool will write
an entry that uses isolinux's ability to check the system cpu and boot the
* It supports both Live and Non-Live (Installation ISO) Images.
* It was generated for Fedora, and has hardcoded filename assumptions.
(Non Fedora Non-Live support will need some code changes.)
* It has some support for EFI boot
== How do I use it ? ==
Here is a sample invocation:
sudo ./multiboot-media-creator.py --isos Fedora-15-Beta-*-Live-*.iso -v \
--clean --bootdefault Fedora-15-Beta-i686-Live-Desktop.iso \
--target Fedora-15-Beta-Multi-Boot.iso --targetname Fedora-15-Beta-Multi-Boot
Please note, this is a single line command, I've just split it up to make this
README more friendly. If you run multiboot-media-creator.py --help, it will show
all the valid options. I strongly recommend running with -v.
== TODO List ==
* Clean up code to minimize duplication and confusion.
* Add size check and print warning if ISO is bigger than max size for DVD-DL