Hi folks! It's that time again- let's party! This ticket is to coordinate a short event to celebrate the release of Fedora Linux 36.
Here are previous tickets:
- choose dates for the event
- choose topics/speakers & coordinate
- choose social sessions
- create art assets & badges
Please do pitch in any ideas and comments below. If you are interested in investing some time in the organization of the event, please comment here or reach out to me via email (mnordin at red hat dot com or via IRC/Telegram/Matrix).
First step is to choose dates and make sure we have availability in Hopin.
Looking at the final target date for the release of 4/26, these two seemed the most likely:
May 6th & 7th (comfortable)
May 13th & 14th (extra safe)
Please leave a comment with your preference and/or if you foresee any issues with either of these dates (holidays, other conferences/events, etc) make sure to raise them. I will also bring this up in the next couple Mindshare meetings (early + late) for discussion.
Can there be a space for conferences in Spanish (LATAM)?
I'm here to help.
Hi @josereyesjdi - thanks for your interest
Yes, there is space :)
I would like to hear more about what you have in mind. Would you like to organize Spanish sessions within the Fedora Linux 36 Release Party or would you like to organize a separate event? Both are options! This ticket is specific to the Release Party, for which we would be happy to include Spanish programming. Please let me know what you're envisioning for this participation.
Noting here that I spoke with the IoT folks @pbrobinson and @pwhalen and they are interested in having a session at the upcoming Release Party
The Mindshare Committee discussed this today in our regular meeting.
Notes on dates:
- May 13th & 14th were tentatively chosen, if there are no objections in the next week or so we will move forward with those dates
Notes on topics:
Topics I gathered from the Mindshare meeting, informal convos, & discussion thread. I have also added my best guesses in for contacts to speak to these topics. Feel free to comment with additions or feedback about these potential topics.
- Fedora IoT - Peter Robinson and/or Paul Whalen
- CPE Update - CPE team/mgmt/TBD
- Podman 4.0 - Dan Walsh
- Ansible 5 - Kevin Fenzi
- Websites & Apps Team Revamp Objective Update - Akashdeep Dhar & Graham White
- Fedora Community Outreach Revamp Objective Update - Mariana Balla & Sumantro Mukherjee
- Update on PipeWire integration - Wim Taymans
- New website redesign for getfedora.org - Máirín Duffy
- How the Fedora Wallpaper is Made - Máirín Duffy and/or Madeline Peck
- Amazon Linux & Fedora - David Duncan
- Promotion of Fedora merch on Cool Stuff Store & HelloTux - Marie Nordin and/or Gabor Kum
- Updates on how to use/customize Fedora's Matrix/Element and/or Discussion - Matthew Miller
- Lenovo Updates (tentative, are there updates to share?) - Mark Pearson
I brought Release Party topics up at the Council meeting earlier today and gathered a couple more ideas. Not sure who the right people would be for the NVIDIA update or Robotics, recommendations welcome!
- Fedora Workstation's State of Gaming - Akashdeep Dhar + volunteers needed
- NVIDIA driver users get Wayland now - ??
- Robotics - ??
Registration has been created and is open here: https://hopin.com/events/fedora-linux-36-release-party/registration
Blog post announcing dates & registration in the queue to be published: https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/review-publish-youre-invited-to-the-fedora-linux-36-release-party/37707
The next step I'd like Mindshare to give input on is social sessions for the release party.
Things we've done in the past:
- Among Us
- Pub Quiz
- Beat the Bomb
- Teambuilding events
I think it would be fun to do something with an outside host. Teambuilding has added new events to choose from, mostly mystery type things, like "Espionage!", "Ghost Hunt in the Haunted Mansion", or "Murder in the speakeasy".
There are other companies doing this sort of thing now too-
The Fedora Linux 36 Release Party happened last Friday & Saturday- it was a great success! We broke records for registration, had a great set of info sessions, had a bunch of fun at both of the socials, and the chat was active throughout the entire event. Thanks to Mindshare for their guidance, support, and participation!
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue close_status updated to: Complete
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)
to comment on this ticket.