What is it?
For efficiency, compliance and risk mitigation, organizations need to
centrally manage and correlate vital security information including:
* Identity (machine, user, virtual machines, groups, authentication
* Policy (configuration settings, access control information)
* Audit (events, logs, analysis thereof)
Since these are not new problems. there exist many approaches and
products focused on addressing them. However, these tend to have the
* Focus on solving identity management across the enterprise has meant
less focus on policy and audit.
* Vendor focus on Web identity management problems has meant less well
developed solutions for central management of the Linux and Unix
world's vital security info. Organizations are forced to maintain
a hodgepodge of internal and proprietary solutions at high TCO.
* Proprietary security products don't easily provide access to the
vital security information they collect or manage. This makes it
difficult to synchronize and analyze effectively.
The Latest Version
Details of the latest version can be found on the IPA server project
page under <http://www.freeipa.org/>.
The most up-to-date documentation can be found at
Please see the file called LICENSE.
* If you want to be informed about new code releases, bug fixes,
security fixes, general news and information about the IPA server
subscribe to the freeipa-announce mailing list at
* If you have a bug report please submit it at:
* If you want to participate in actively developing IPA please
subscribe to the freeipa-devel mailing list at
<https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-devel/> or join
us in IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/freeipa