Internally the IPA framework only supports UTF-8 encoding. It's a hard-coded assumption in several places. It's ok to support only UTF-8 but it should be a concious decision. Let's actively refuse other encodings in Content-Type rather than implicitly failing late. This gives users a more friendly error message.
The matter was discussed in PR https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/382#issuecomment-273730248
Metadata Update from @cheimes:
- Issue assigned to someone
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.5
Metadata Update from @mbasti:
- Issue close_status updated to: None
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.5.1 (was: FreeIPA 4.5)
Metadata Update from @pvoborni:
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.7 (was: FreeIPA 4.5.1)
Metadata Update from @rcritten:
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.7.1 (was: FreeIPA 4.7)
FreeIPA 4.7 has been released, moving to FreeIPA 4.7.1 milestone
to comment on this ticket.