When converting ID override anchor to human-readable name in the idoverride* manipulation commands the code performs either extra LDAP search (in case of ipa users) or extra lookup in SSSD cache or AD DC (in case of AD users) even if the human-readable name is already stored in the 'ipaOriginalUid' attribute of the retrieved override LDAP entry.
We can speed up the ID override display/manipulation by checking for this attribute and returning it immediately, and doing the lookup only when it is not present. This can save substantial amounts of time especially when working with multiple ID overrides of AD users.
Metadata Update from @mbabinsk:
- Issue assigned to mbabinsk
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.5
Metadata Update from @pvoborni:
- Issue close_status updated to: None
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.7 (was: FreeIPA 4.5)
Metadata Update from @rcritten:
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 4.7.1 (was: FreeIPA 4.7)
FreeIPA 4.7 has been released, moving to FreeIPA 4.7.1 milestone
to comment on this ticket.