Ticket was cloned from Red Hat Bugzilla (product Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7): Bug 1365069
Created attachment 1188679
Description of problem: ipa-replica-manage del <$ADHost> fails to delete
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Establish winsync agreement with windows AD
2. Now try to delete the agreement with the below command.
ipa-replica-manage del <$ADHostname>
1. [root@vm92 ipa-winsync]# ipa-replica-manage del apache.pne.qe
apache.pne.qe: server not found
Where apache.pne.qe is the test windows AD
2. Attaching the /var/log/messages file output.
The replication agreement should be deleted when the command is issued, instead
it gives the message server not found.
1. IPA-Server and windows AD are in the same timezone and have time in sync.
2. The firewall is not running on IPA/Windows AD
3. The dig command for SRV record for windows domain is resolvable.
Metadata Update from @pvoborni:
- Issue assigned to someone
- Issue set to the milestone: Future Releases
As this is not an issue (see BZ comments 4 and 5), and we want to promote AD trusts instead of investing in winsync, closing as won't fix.
Metadata Update from @frenaud:
- Issue close_status updated to: wontfix
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)
to comment on this ticket.