Description of problem:
When group is being added in WebUI, the Posix checkbox doesn't actually work. Triggering it on/off always leaves the group as posix (this is the default behavior for group-add command). If the group is supposed to be non-posix, --nonposix parameter has to be passed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Open IPA WebUI, Identity tab. Then follow Steps to reproduce.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add a group in WebUI, don't check the posix checkbox and see if the resulting LDAP object has posixgroup objectclass
2. Add another group in WebUI, check the posix checkbox and see if the resulting LDAP object has posixgroup objectclass
1. it has posixgroup objectclass
2. it has posixgroup objectclass
The checkbox should be checked on by default. When unchecked, --nonposix should be passed to group-add command.
1. when unchecked, the group shouldn't have posixgroup objectclass (and GID)
2. when checked (default), the group should have posixgroup objectclass
This was fixed in #1799.
Metadata Update from @mkosek:
- Issue assigned to edewata
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 2.1.2 (bug fixing)
to comment on this ticket.