Steps to reproduce:
- Create a group called "0x539".
- Try to edit it (e.g. through "Add and edit").
- You will be greeted with "1337: group not found".
The group is in the list, so it did get created with the right name but the lookup's failing. I presume it's a bug in the web UI that does some number conversion on a field where it shouldn't do that, given that the group name should be passed verbatim.
This problem happens during URL parameter parsing:
var pkey = $.bbq.getState(that.entity_name + '-pkey', true) || '';
The second parameter in $.bbq.getState() tells the library to coerce the value which in this case it will convert the hex string "0x539" into a decimal number 1337.
To fix this problem the second parameter should be removed from all $.bbq.getState() invocations.
Fixed in 58c1950
Metadata Update from @pkern:
- Issue assigned to edewata
- Issue set to the milestone: FreeIPA 2.1 - 2011/05
to comment on this ticket.