= Questions/Requested Information
1) What is your proposal?
Facebook 😍 Fedora + Chef: How we manage and secure client devices while allowing customizations
Facebook as an organization has been using Chef to manage our CentOS servers for years, but recently we've started offering Fedora as a fully-supported desktop option for our employees. This talk will cover the challenges involved in managing a fast-moving platform (upgrade notifications, security updates), securing them (encryption and escrow, password strength enforcement), managing devices while not breaking interactive use cases (all those pesky locks!), and allowing users to customize their setup but in a way that is auditable through what we call API cookbooks
2) Who in addition to the speaker needs to be in the room for this to succeed? This could be the audience you need to reach, other participants in the conversation, or other stakeholders.
List each person by their name and FAS ID, as shown below:
3) Is this a…
4) Anything else we need to know?
5) Who are you?
Are you proposing a 25 or a 50 minute talk?
@bex ah, sorry! 25 minutes will be fine. Editing.
Metadata Update from @mattdm:
- Issue marked as blocking: #223
- Issue tagged with: Talk Accepted
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue close_status updated to: Resolved
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)
to comment on this ticket.