#2328 F32 Self-Contained Change: Additional buildroot to test x86-64 micro-architecture update
Opened a month ago by bcotton. Modified 5 days ago

Create a dedicated buildroot to test packages built with x86-64 micro-architecture update.


This discussion is still ongoing in fits and starts on devel, so I will wait an additional week for FESCo votes.

Metadata Update from @decathorpe:
- Issue tagged with: meeting

18 days ago

Discussion on the devel list was quiet last week (maybe due to DevConf).

No votes were cast on in ticket → adding to the topics for Monday's meeting. → extending voting period by one week.

Metadata Update from @decathorpe:
- Issue untagged with: meeting

18 days ago

I think this is mostly an overhead for releng. And I believe it's up to them to make the decision. For example, we'd also like our own buildroot to test Python 3.9, yet instead, we use Copr. I believe a lot of other interest groups would benefit from having something like this available, yet I have no idea if releng has the resources to handle that. For that reason, I have a proposal:

FESCo refers the decision to Release engineering, because ultimately, they will be the ones impacted.

I think this is mostly an overhead for releng. And I believe it's up to them to make the decision. For example, we'd also like our own buildroot to test Python 3.9, yet instead, we use Copr. I believe a lot of other interest groups would benefit from having something like this available, yet I have no idea if releng has the resources to handle that. For that reason, I have a proposal:
FESCo refers the decision to Release engineering, because ultimately, they will be the ones impacted.

Just to clarify, are we essentially voting to say that "FESCo will abide by whatever Release Engineering decides"? I'm not sure if Release Engineering has a voting structure to accommodate that. My counter-proposal: "FESCo will make this decision once https://pagure.io/releng/issue/9154 is resolved"

"FESCo will abide by whatever Release Engineering decides" regarding this proposal was my idea, yes. "FESCo will make this decision once https://pagure.io/releng/issue/9154 is resolved" work for me as well, however I still think releng should have the right to just say: nope, we are sorry.

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata