#1606 F25 approved Changes not in MODIFIED status (considered as not testable)
Closed None Opened 7 years ago by jkurik.


on 2016-July-26 we have reached Fedora 25 Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (testable). At this point, all accepted changes should be substantially complete, and testable. Change tracking bugs should be set to MODIFIED state to indicate it achieved completeness.

The following link is a dynamic Bugzilla query showing all the tracking bugs of approved Changes for F25 which are not at least in MODIFIED state: ‚Äč[https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&bug_status=CLOSED&classification=Fedora&list_id=5542261&product=Fedora&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=ChangeAcceptedF25&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr link]

On Friday morning on 2016-July-29, before the FESCo meeting, I will do review all of these Changes and I will update this ticket with static list of Changes which needs a FESCo review.

This is the list of Changes not testable atm:

Replying to [comment:1 jkurik]:

This is the list of Changes not testable atm:

Given that this is still awaiting a review, I'd suggest dropping it from the official Changes but still allowing it to land in the repository when it's ready. (It's a leaf package and has no other real impact). We can move the Change to F26 and announce it more broadly there after it has had soak time.

Upstream hasn't made a public release of 8.6 yet and no builds of the recent development version are in Koji. I say we defer this one.

We're already carrying the a 2.24 pre-release in Koji. I say leave this one alone; the glibc team has the timelines figured out.

The [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1357393&hide_resolved=1 dependency tree] shows about a dozen unreviewed packages necessary to complete this change. IMHO, we should defer this to F26.

I'd recommend deferring a decision on this one until after Flock.

Seems like it's in reasonable shape. Let's leave it in.

If this isn't ready yet, I'd rather not see this churn during the F25 cycle. I vote to defer to F26.

I agree with the owner. Defer to F26.

I suggest we wait to decide on this until after Flock.

This is concerning; Supposedly this was almost ready at F24 release, so I'd be surprised if it isn't ready now. I'd be willing to let this decision wait until after Flock and hopefully it can get resolved there.

There's no huge rush on this. If it's stuck on reviews and upstream acceptance, I think another cycle is reasonable to get it cleaned up. I vote we defer to F26.

Defer to F26.

I am one of those owners, and I also vote to defer.

Defer to F26.

The most recent build still has KillUserProcesses=no by default. Given that we have a plan in place for what we need to have done and turning it off is very easy, I'd like to suggest that we ask Zbigniew to do a build with KillUserProcesses=yes for Alpha. My reasoning is that this will expose it to a larger number of potential testers than the Rawhide switch did. We can decide to turn it back off at Beta or Final if we haven't met the requirements we set.

If we do so, we should include the manual disable instructions in the Alpha release announcement. Given that the Alpha audience is generally more technically competent than the GA audience, I think this is a reasonable way of gaining more information about the impact.

ask FPM to follow recommendations in comment2 and revisit next meeting for items we deferred (+6,0,0)

The following Changes were deferred to F26:
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/GNS3 GNS3]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/HTCondor86 HTCondor 8.6]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/ZF3 Zend Framework 3]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/BodhiNonRPMArtifacts Bodhi Non-RPM Artifacts]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/FedoraDockerRegistry Fedora Scale-Out Docker Registry]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/ParallelInstallableDebuginfo Parallel Installable Debuginfo]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/JavaCryptoPolicies Java/OpenJDK enforces the system-wide crypto policy]
[https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/SSSDCacheForLocalUsers SSSD fast cache for local users]
* [https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/Transdiff Transdiff]

There are the Changes to revisit on a next meeting:
* [https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/GLIBC224 The GNU C Library version 2.24] [[br]] [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1338879 BZ #1338879]

Last FESCo meeting, it was decided that

  • AGREED: defer Koji Generates Installation Media change until Fedora 26 (+1: 8, -1: 0, +0: 0)
  • AGREED: maxamillion to take the review of cargo to move the rust change through (+1: 8, -1: 0, +0: 0)
  • AGREED: Approve Release Engineering Automation Workflow Engine Change (+1: 8, -1: 0, +0: 0)
  • AGREED: defer KillUserProcess to Fedora 26 (+1: 8, -1: 0, +0: 0)

Login to comment on this ticket.