Fedora Desktop Testing using Behave and Dogtail
If you want to try out the Behave desktop testing on Fedora:
- Prepare a VM with Fedora Workstation. Use the version that you want to test. The tests are being developed for Fedora 30.
- You do not have to create users, but create a root account.
- Boot the Fedora machine and ssh into it as root.
- Create a directory where the tests will be placed and clone this repo
git clone https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/fedora-desktop-testing.git.
- Go into the repo's main directory and run the
submodules_setup.sh script to fetch the correct version of that submodule.
- Use the
VM_setup.sh to set up the virtual machine.
- Enable passwordless sudo.
- For user test disable going to sleep when idle in
- Go into a test subdirectory and run tests using