#343 rhbz#1941982 [abrt] gjs: ObjectInstance::~ObjectInstance()(): gjs-console killed by SIGTRAP
Closed 17 days ago by blockerbot. Opened 5 months ago by blockerbot.

Bug details: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1941982
Information from BlockerBugs App:
1941982

Current vote summary

Commented but haven't voted yet: coremodule

The votes have been last counted at 2021-04-19 19:04 UTC and the last processed comment was #comment-728289

To learn how to vote, see:
https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/blocker-review
A quick example: BetaBlocker +1 (where the tracker name is one of BetaBlocker/FinalBlocker/BetaFE/FinalFE/0Day/PreviousRelease and the vote is one of +1/0/-1)


FinalFE +1
I think enough people are going to hit this in live, first install from live, and on pre-release upgrade that it's worth giving it an FE. Though the fix may be very large and hairy, so we may not want to pull it, depending.

FinalFE 0

I've said this before and I still think so: I think we should evaluate the fixes when giving them FE status. If it's too large to actually get pulled in, I don't think this should get a FE.

The upstream fix (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gjs/-/merge_requests/593) really is big, so I would only be comfortable doing a distro backport of it if upstream ends up landing it in the branch that is targeting 1.68.x (currently master). At that point I'd be +1 FE. It does look like they are targeting 1.68.x though :)

Also, thanks for being on top of gjs crashes, adamw!

Discussed during the 2021-04-19 blocker review meeting: [0]

The decision to delay the classification of this as a blocker bug was made as this is a bug we'd like to fix, but the current fix is far too big and complex to pull in. We would consider a reduced backport, but one is not yet ready and it's too close to go/no-go to safely pull one in this week. However, if the release slips, there may be a window to pull in a backport before next week, so we will leave our options open.

[0] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-blocker-review/2021-04-19/f34-blocker-review.2021-04-19-16.00.txt

Metadata Update from @blockerbot:
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)

17 days ago

Release F34 is no longer tracked by BlockerBugs, closing this ticket.

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata