#9 checks in guix project
Closed 3 years ago by jibecfed. Opened 3 years ago by roptat.

Hi!

I'm having some troubles with the checks in some guix domains.

First, is there a check for xml markup? The website domain uses some xml-like markup (<1>, <2.1>, etc), and I already managed to mistype some of them, breaking the guix website ^^'. I tried enforcing two xml checks, but that didn't seem to do anything.

I'd also like to have a check for texinfo syntax in documentation-*, as well as packages, if that exists.

I also managed to break guix by forgetting a format specifier in the guix domain. msgfmt was able to find the issue, but it was not reported by weblate.

Then, I'd like to remove the check for number of lines in the packages domain, because line breaks are not significant (it's texinfo syntax). Right now, half the translated strings are marked with this failing test.

I tried doing it myself in the settings, but I couldn't find the right options. Thanks for your help!


First, is there a check for xml markup?
this may help you: https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/checks.html#customizing-behavior-using-flags

texinfo syntax
I suggest you to change the way you generate po files, for example, using po4a: https://po4a.org/man/man3/Locale::Po4a::Texinfo.3pm.php so that you limit impact of translation on your files
this may also be valid for your first question

I also managed to break guix by forgetting a format specifier in the guix domain.
Sorry, I don't understand this, but you may report it to github.com/weblateOrg/weblate the dev is reative

Then, I'd like to remove the check for number of lines in the packages domain
you'll find the solution in https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/checks.html#customizing-behavior-using-flags

I assume this is fixed. If it isn't, it is either a convertor or weblate improvment.
Have a nice day

Metadata Update from @jibecfed:
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)

3 years ago

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata