There are still many references to PHX2 and its networks in the ansible playbooks. These should be able to be safely removed for ease of maintenance:
Tasks for an apprentice
1. Make a fork of the https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/
2. Go through the playbooks and look for entries which mention phx2.fedoraproject.org, PHX2, or 10.5.x.x networks.
3. Look at the section and see if it makes sense to do one of the following:
a. remove the mention.
b. change the mention to IAD2
c. move the mention to documentation.
4. Make a branch per section changed (aka only change a role or playbook at a time).
5. Make the changes and then make a PR to main ansible
6. Get feedback and/or move to the next one.
Metadata Update from @mohanboddu:
- Issue priority set to: Waiting on Assignee (was: Needs Review)
- Issue tagged with: low-gain, low-trouble, ops
I would like to be assigned to this ticket. If needed I will ask the Fedora Infrastructure Team to give me some support.
Metadata Update from @smooge:
- Issue assigned to patux
Metadata Update from @patux:
- Assignee reset
I’m not interested in this issue anymore.
I let it to another person to be assigned.
I just made a trivial change to the inventory/cloud file and created PR#479.
This is my first PR so I wanted to make sure I understood the workflow before moving on.
I created a topic branch, made my changes, pushed to my fork and created the PR.
I'm assuming the next step is to post this comment and wait for feedback.
If I'm wrong I guess I will hear about it soon enough. ;)
@austinpowered yep. Thats exactly the right process. :)
Thanks for the PR.
to comment on this ticket.