Our current rsyslog configuration files were written in EL5 era and slowly updated over time. They currently fail to start on EL8 and some Fedora systems and need to be updated to a newer syntax.
Metadata Update from @smooge:
- Issue assigned to mobrien
- Issue priority set to: Waiting on Assignee (was: Needs Review)
- Issue tagged with: high-gain, low-trouble
I have created a new rsyslog conf file based on rsyslog.conf.default which uses rsyslogd 8 syntax compatible with rhel8. I'm unsure if I need to upgrade any of the other files.
Metadata Update from @mobrien:
- Issue close_status updated to: Fixed
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)
to comment on this ticket.