#8242 Lost the fedora-compose0 mount point
Closed: Fixed 8 months ago by smooge. Opened 8 months ago by mohanboddu.

This commit removed the fedora-compose0 mount point, which is what releng uses to sync the Beta/GA content internally.

This was removed due to some hanging issues, either we should bring it back up or find another way to sync the content.

From irc:

[16:06:06] <mboddu> smooge: https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/roles/rsyncd/templates/rsyncd.conf.download.j2?id=51c87e380ec411527af74cab6f50e120b9fbd069
[16:06:39] <mboddu> smooge: ^ it created an issue for me syncing the beta content to internal
[16:07:41] <mboddu> Can I revert it?
[16:15:07] <smooge> well it causes problems for hosts outside
[16:15:17] <smooge> if it is reverted
[16:15:51] <smooge> no wait sorry
[16:16:00] <smooge> we were removing that mount from the download servers
[16:16:12] <smooge> so I can't remember if it is there at all
[16:16:28] »» mboddu confused
[16:17:17] <smooge> sorry we had some problems with it back in August. I asked and Kevin/Patrick didnt think it was being used anymore so I took it out
[16:17:41] <mboddu> Okay, do you remember what were the problems?
[16:17:53] <mboddu> Just wondering if there is any other way to get it back on
[16:17:56] <smooge> hung server
[16:21:44] <smooge> mboddu, to revert that we will need to also change their fstab to mount the partition again. And document why it is there so we dont forget again
[16:21:56] <mboddu> Okay, we need to bring it back up, or find some other way to sync the f31 beta content internally
[16:23:43] <smooge> I cna look at it after I finish the 2 meetings I am in currnetly

Just to give a background info on this, RelEng syncs the Beta/GA composes internally by logging into one of the internal boxes and running:

rsync -avhHP rsync://dl05.phx2.fedoraproject.org/fedora-compose0/31/Fedora-31-20190911.0/compose/ <dest>

Metadata Update from @bowlofeggs:
- Issue priority set to: Waiting on Assignee (was: Needs Review)

8 months ago

Metadata Update from @smooge:
- Issue assigned to smooge

8 months ago

Metadata Update from @smooge:
- Issue close_status updated to: Fixed
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)

8 months ago

@smooge fixed this and I synced the content internally.

Login to comment on this ticket.