#11999 Test access to AWS
Closed: Fixed with Explanation 20 days ago by kevin. Opened a month ago by jcline.

Describe what you would like us to do:

I'd like to be able to test out the replacement for fedimg I've currently got. Since I don't know if I'm missing any steps, I don't know if I'll need additional permissions, but I'll need to be able to do the following things:

  • Create an S3 bucket, or have one created for me with any name you think is appropriate
  • Write permissions to that S3 bucket
  • Whatever permissions are required to create an EC2 AMI.

It would also be useful to have read permissions on whatever resources fedimg was creating so that I can poke around to make sure I'm matching its behavior.

When do you need this to be done by?

Ideally before 2024/06/30 since that's when EL7 goes EOL and fedimg runs on that

Metadata Update from @zlopez:
- Issue priority set to: Waiting on Assignee (was: Needs Review)
- Issue tagged with: aws, high-gain, medium-trouble, ops

a month ago

Metadata Update from @kevin:
- Issue assigned to kevin

a month ago

ok, do you need web console access or cli? or both?

If you just need to test in staging / cli , perhaps we could just reuse the existing fedimg_aws_stg_access_id / fedimg_aws_stg_secret_key ?

CLI is probably fine so that sounds good to me.

Metadata Update from @jcline:
- Assignee reset
- Issue untagged with: aws, high-gain, medium-trouble, ops

a month ago

I have no idea why commenting made Pagure reset all the metadata. Sorry.

Metadata Update from @jcline:
- Issue assigned to kevin
- Issue tagged with: aws, high-gain, medium-trouble, ops

a month ago

@jcline That happens when the page is not refreshed before sending comment and the cache on client side has still the old state.

Yeah. ;(

Anyhow, can you just use the fedimg creds in ansible in staging ? Or did you need me to get you others to test with?

I think that'll work since it looks like I can spawn a debug shell in staging. I'll need to merge the PR to deploy it to staging to test it, but that's okay. Filed https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/pull-request/2085 to inject the credentials and configure staging.

I guess we can close this one since the access exists and we have another ticket to sort permissions.

Metadata Update from @kevin:
- Issue close_status updated to: Fixed with Explanation
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)

20 days ago

Log in to comment on this ticket.

Boards 1
ops Status: Backlog