This issue tracks the release note for the following Fedora Change:
If you own this change, please add additional information here that we should communicate to Fedora users. Specifically, please consider:
Your notes to us do not need to be formally written. We will edit them and add details as needed. This is a way for you to ensure that we know what is critical about your change.
If you want to write this release note, then:
Once you're done with the above, make sure to either commit the relnote to an appropriate section of the Release Notes book, or, if you're not familiar with Git, AsciiDoc, or whatever else, just add it to this issue as a comment and let pbokoc know that you're done with this one and you'd like the note included. Be sure to do this at least one day before the final release (October 29 according to the current schedule). Also make sure to do this even for relnotes that haven't been checked by the change owner.
 You can do that by asking the change owner listed on the wiki page; alternatively you can infer it by checking the tracker bug (linked in Wiki) in Bugzilla and looking at its status; see bug comments for details. Ask someone on the mailing list or on IRC if you're not sure.
 In #fedora-docs on FreeNode (UTC+1 timezone, online mostly during the day on weekdays), or pbokoc @redhat.com if you can't get a hold of me on IRC.
Added a brief release-notes draft blurb here:
The opt-out instructions are insufficient: they only tell how to disable the feature per user, not how to completely disable it system-wide.
As far as I can tell, the feature can be disabled by doing any or all of the following:
1. Uninstall / do not install the elfutils-debuginfod RPM.
2. Delete the URL line in /etc/debuginfod/elfutils.urls, leaving an empty file. The file is marked %config(noreplace) in the elfutils-debuginfod-client RPM, so the change should persist.
3. Comment out (or delete) the contents of /etc/profile.d/debuginfod.sh and /etc/profile.d/debuginfod.csh. The files are marked %config(noreplace) in the elfutils-debuginfod-client RPM, so the changes should persist.
4. Mask the debuginfod.service systemd unit.
Feel free to tastefully edit the following page with your alternatives.
Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue set to the milestone: F35
to comment on this ticket.