Smile! You're on camera!
Help the badges team understand what this idea is all about. If this badge is
awarded for certain kinds of activities:
Appearing as a guest on the monthly Fedora Council video meetings
A wide variety of Fedora contributors
To share what they're working on with the wider Fedora Community
Once in a long time
Being scheduled to be a presenter on the meeting (badge will have to be manually awarded)
Metadata Update from @smeragoel:
- Custom field artwork adjusted to None
- Custom field concept_review_passed adjusted to None
- Issue tagged with: artwork - needed, difficulty - intermediate, good first issue, outreachy-2021
@bcotton Hey, if this is open, can it be assigned to me? :)
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue assigned to somya23
Hi @somya23 - I assigned the ticket to you :)
A few notes on artwork concepts:
- We have a badge for council members https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/council-member this could be fun to remix for this.
- I am thinking of the concept of "holding court" "be the center of attention amidst a crowd of one's admirers." What about 3 pandas like this: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/illustration-of-french-medieval-judge-holding-court-news-photo/998415370 I would not attempt to fit all of that in there?? just a good place to start :)
- keep it simple
@riecatnor That concept looks pretty elegant and easy to imitate. I will work on this and get back to you soon. Thanks for the suggestion! 😊😍
@bcotton @riecatnor Hey! I designed this vector art according to the awesome concept suggested by Marie. I had a lot fun making this as I got to learn so much about the inkscape tools. It would be great if you guys review it. ❤😁
<img alt="council_meeting.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/b6d92623411325cdcd1461564cd394714189164b587e52744e387392117e98e0-council_meeting.png" /><img alt="council_meeting.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3afaf878f06cd70950934eb3aba2c5fddee3a63862fdcc60c1fa86e6eeb5a25d-council_meeting.svg" />
Hi @somya23 nice first draft! Since you are going for the same composition, what about taking the art from https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/council-member and editing that. You can find the source here: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Badges/issue/418 I think working from this as a starting point will help your work fit the badge aesthetic. I would recommend the following:
- Start with the art from 418 as a base
- Remove the swords
- Move/edit two of the badgers to look as if they are sitting, one standing
- Add in a speech bubble to the one standing
Looking forward to what you come up with :)
@riecatnor Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I am having some trouble finding the 418 file for the council in the link you have provided.😅
It's showing -
"Page not found (404)
With the message:
File not found
You have either entered a bad URL or the page has moved, removed, or otherwise rendered unavailable.
Please use the main navigation menu to get (re)started."
It would be great it you can provide me with final svg file. Thanks! 😍
@somya23 I think this is the SVG you need? https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/raw/master/f/svgs/fas-council.svg
@computerkid YESSS! Exactly what I needed!!! Thanks a lot! 😍😍
Hey1 @riecatnor @computerkid I designed this one according to the feedback given. I wanted to make all three badgers of different colors, but keeping two smaller badgers of same color, gave a more uniform look to the the idea of a council with a leader and his ministers.
Looking forward to further feedback. ❤
<img alt="council_member_v_3.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d68018a7d58b919b67cce2b074d2ac24298a17d769493765b8268a814613e35f-council_member_v_3.0.png" /><img alt="council_member_v_3.0.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/0dc6899937490f76067525b1de27a50e8a0a986384646491d38b426dafb1a537-council_member_v_3.0.svg" /><img alt="council_member_v_4.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a0d9c988cb1b2c5a6b14b7b1fb9150ad87fa30963a2c0f256999a49578d58a2c-council_member_v_4.0.png" />
Thanks @computerkid for the assistance!
@somya23 - you came across the bug we have in pagure. It came when we migrated from our last ticketing system. You can remove the "/files" part of the url string and it should work. So for example:
No good: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Badges/issue/raw/files/1a0041af47140548386aa4362d4d2d6cf4fe9a0fe2d14836897d4ce979d6286f-council_member.svg
Nice work on the new badge art! I have a few suggestions for you:
- The blue in the background is a nice color, but it is a bit distracting in this design. Perhaps use a lighter blue from the Fedora palette for this?
- The edge of the object in the middle of the table is just touching up against the edge of the inner area.. maybe make it cut off like in the original badge, or move it further away to give it some space
- I like the speech bubble, but let's remove the Fedora logo. It is quite small, and we try not to use the logo unless it is necessary to convey the concept
- I think the pose on the side badgers is a little funny, they look like they are giving thumbs up somehow lol. They are also smaller than the badger behind them which looks funny. I would say to make them all the same size. Group the two "listeners" to one side and the "presenter" to the other. Give the "listeners" more attentive poses
Looking forward to the next draft!
to comment on this ticket.