Smile! You're on camera!
Help the badges team understand what this idea is all about. If this badge is
awarded for certain kinds of activities:
Appearing as a guest on the monthly Fedora Council video meetings
A wide variety of Fedora contributors
To share what they're working on with the wider Fedora Community
Once in a long time
Being scheduled to be a presenter on the meeting (badge will have to be manually awarded)
Metadata Update from @smeragoel:
- Custom field artwork adjusted to None
- Custom field concept_review_passed adjusted to None
- Issue tagged with: artwork - needed, difficulty - intermediate, good first issue, outreachy-2021
@bcotton Hey, if this is open, can it be assigned to me? :)
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Issue assigned to somya23
Hi @somya23 - I assigned the ticket to you :)
A few notes on artwork concepts:
- We have a badge for council members https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/council-member this could be fun to remix for this.
- I am thinking of the concept of "holding court" "be the center of attention amidst a crowd of one's admirers." What about 3 pandas like this: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/illustration-of-french-medieval-judge-holding-court-news-photo/998415370 I would not attempt to fit all of that in there?? just a good place to start :)
- keep it simple
@riecatnor That concept looks pretty elegant and easy to imitate. I will work on this and get back to you soon. Thanks for the suggestion! 😊😍
@bcotton @riecatnor Hey! I designed this vector art according to the awesome concept suggested by Marie. I had a lot fun making this as I got to learn so much about the inkscape tools. It would be great if you guys review it. ❤😁
<img alt="council_meeting.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/b6d92623411325cdcd1461564cd394714189164b587e52744e387392117e98e0-council_meeting.png" /><img alt="council_meeting.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3afaf878f06cd70950934eb3aba2c5fddee3a63862fdcc60c1fa86e6eeb5a25d-council_meeting.svg" />
Hi @somya23 nice first draft! Since you are going for the same composition, what about taking the art from https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/council-member and editing that. You can find the source here: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Badges/issue/418 I think working from this as a starting point will help your work fit the badge aesthetic. I would recommend the following:
- Start with the art from 418 as a base
- Remove the swords
- Move/edit two of the badgers to look as if they are sitting, one standing
- Add in a speech bubble to the one standing
Looking forward to what you come up with :)
@riecatnor Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I am having some trouble finding the 418 file for the council in the link you have provided.😅
It's showing -
"Page not found (404)
With the message:
File not found
You have either entered a bad URL or the page has moved, removed, or otherwise rendered unavailable.
Please use the main navigation menu to get (re)started."
It would be great it you can provide me with final svg file. Thanks! 😍
@somya23 I think this is the SVG you need? https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/raw/master/f/svgs/fas-council.svg
@computerkid YESSS! Exactly what I needed!!! Thanks a lot! 😍😍
Hey1 @riecatnor @computerkid I designed this one according to the feedback given. I wanted to make all three badgers of different colors, but keeping two smaller badgers of same color, gave a more uniform look to the the idea of a council with a leader and his ministers.
Looking forward to further feedback. ❤
<img alt="council_member_v_3.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/d68018a7d58b919b67cce2b074d2ac24298a17d769493765b8268a814613e35f-council_member_v_3.0.png" /><img alt="council_member_v_3.0.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/0dc6899937490f76067525b1de27a50e8a0a986384646491d38b426dafb1a537-council_member_v_3.0.svg" /><img alt="council_member_v_4.0.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a0d9c988cb1b2c5a6b14b7b1fb9150ad87fa30963a2c0f256999a49578d58a2c-council_member_v_4.0.png" />
Thanks @computerkid for the assistance!
@somya23 - you came across the bug we have in pagure. It came when we migrated from our last ticketing system. You can remove the "/files" part of the url string and it should work. So for example:
No good: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Badges/issue/raw/files/1a0041af47140548386aa4362d4d2d6cf4fe9a0fe2d14836897d4ce979d6286f-council_member.svg
Nice work on the new badge art! I have a few suggestions for you:
- The blue in the background is a nice color, but it is a bit distracting in this design. Perhaps use a lighter blue from the Fedora palette for this?
- The edge of the object in the middle of the table is just touching up against the edge of the inner area.. maybe make it cut off like in the original badge, or move it further away to give it some space
- I like the speech bubble, but let's remove the Fedora logo. It is quite small, and we try not to use the logo unless it is necessary to convey the concept
- I think the pose on the side badgers is a little funny, they look like they are giving thumbs up somehow lol. They are also smaller than the badger behind them which looks funny. I would say to make them all the same size. Group the two "listeners" to one side and the "presenter" to the other. Give the "listeners" more attentive poses
Looking forward to the next draft!
Hey! So I made the suggested changes but wasn't so sure about the light blue background color, so I made two others. The pink one gives a more community feel as the badge is of community type and the green one gives a good contrast to the already present orange and blue colors. Do tell me which you find better.
Looking forward to your suggestions! 😍😁
<img alt="blue.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/23b37ce6d17fa2aa2af548b4d4175a069d626924ee886491ff3f099603a836b9-blue.png" /><img alt="green.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/3c08f588c2afff836870875928cf984d305120339b65ef4afcdfe0251c4b956d-green.png" /><img alt="pink.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/32ae5d24c2fe7b9355da02c1bb96e32362e39455cdef9832b1bd6080df210096-pink.png" />
<img alt="council_member_v_4.0.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/5af75cbe5c5e122d272acc61db1e14aea0ead9ceed9cabffa79ba286c7109217-council_member_v_4.0.svg" />
@somya23 nice work! This is a great improvement :) I was wondering about the colors too, so I played around with the SVG a bit.. I think the rays are a bit distracting behind the badgers, so I dropped in a diff background, what do you think of this?
<img alt="councilguest.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/781e6bb9073c8eb674dc29e4f74e06a90932313f46af5f40ba3bc0204257dd17-councilguest.png" /><img alt="councilguest.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/dafacdddce5b2b65c899312690d96750ba7b13b6b46989222793dc279ac432d4-councilguest.svg" />
@riecatnor I love the background pattern and color, gives a good visibility range. But I am not sure of the dress colors as:
1. bright green sitting badgers shines out more than the blue standing one, maybe we can change that?
2. we don't have a specific object or action which points out to the fact that this is a council, I was keen on keeping the sitting badgers colors same, so it gave a uniformity. Maybe we can add on something more? like keeping somethings on the table, eg- some kind of paper work or or a weighing scale( which may symbolise law and order though).
Would love to have a talk on this more ( I wanted to add in more meaning to it,as I explored the hundreds of fedora badges and loved how the sistine and vitruvian badges were made, pure genius work it is!😍)
Hey @somya23 @riecatnor!
I'm really impressed by @somya23 s work on this issue and I really appreciate her work here :D it is already assigned to her, I'm not sure if I should post here but I tried something for this badge too!
Inspired by the artwork shared by @riecatnor earlier
<img alt="council.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a5b2ef58bc1a08c82770658fbda3d30115c3893c54ed38b0f0a96ce8c9b621ec-council.png" />
<img alt="council.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/a5b2ef58bc1a08c82770658fbda3d30115c3893c54ed38b0f0a96ce8c9b621ec-council.svg" />
Any thoughts on this?
Building on @riecatnor 's edits to @somya23 's work, I felt since the description was 'Smile! You're on camera!', we could do with a camera reference somewhere. So I added this element, inspired by the work on #798
<img alt="guest.png" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/9cfacaf932257ba4845d18bdca504d96ada507c20e7fca0484024edc441819ed-guest.png" /><img alt="guest.svg" src="/fedora-badges/issue/raw/files/63d241ef8788b8ad3866883bdf19d30dfb0055f0067d8a8c93d40c0f1ccb581d-guest.svg" />
Hey peeps, nice collaborations happening here :D comments below
@somya23 I was going for a diversity of colors, but I see what you mean. We could make both purple or green? I am not sure we need to add much more to the design so I wouldn't add much more to it.
@swast1 nice panda version! This artwork looks really nice, but the reason we had the badgers is bc it is built on pre-existing council badge artwork.. We should find somewhere else to use this tho bc it looks great with a couple small changes. Not sure if you want to move to the badgers or continue to improve this for a different badge, let me know :)
@dhairya15 nice! Yes, the "REC" stuff makes perfect sense here. I am worried the added elements are getting a bit lost in this design. Maybe you can try increasing the stroke?
Looking forward to the next drafts!
Yes fair enough @riecatnor , I think it will be better if @somya23 and @dhairya15 keep working on it, as i see they have made brilliant contributions here and I don't think i have much to add to their work. May be the svg file could be used some for another badge :D
if people working here don't mind, i have a suggestion: may be you can decrease the details on the table it will solve the issue of "REC" getting lost in the design
to comment on this ticket.