Badge description (like "You added a co-maintainer to a package. BFF!"):
- Guidelines, guidelines, guidelines!
Help the badges team understand what this idea is all about. If this badge is
awarded for certain kinds of activities:
1) What are those activities?
- Being a member of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee
2) Who is doing them (are they packagers? translators? newcomers? veterans?
- experienced packages
3) Why are they doing them (is this a means to a different end?)
- to provide, curate and maintain Fedora packaging guidelines
4) When do they do them (every day? once a year?)
- new members are selected when needed, not very often
5) How do they do them (by talking in IRC? by running commands in the console?
by using a web interface?)
- The member have meetings and a tracker at http://pagure.io/packaging-committee/
Technically this should be covered by
* manually awarding for historical members from the wiki hisotry
* hooking it up to the packaging-committee fas group
Lastly, do you have any ideas for artwork concepts?
- something along with https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/board-member https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/council-member yet with packages in it?
Not sure if community, development or something else. FESCo badge is miscellaneous.
Maybe three badgers looking at a glowing package?
Metadata Update from @churchyard:
- Custom field artwork adjusted to None
- Custom field concept_review_passed adjusted to None
@mleonova Hiii. This is my idea for this badge. I would love your feedback on it.
@tanvi thanks for working on this badge! @mleonova and I discussed this during the badges meeting and we have a few suggestions to improve the artwork.
This is a member badge, so it should have a the pink outer ring and a light green background.
The pandas look a little too uniform. Try giving them different colors, and maybe different color shirts as well. Take out the Fedora logo on their shirts, it is too small to be effective.
The table in front is taking up a lot of the space of the design, try playing around with making it smaller. Try toning the color down to a different brown. Try it with and without a stroke. See what looks best :)
Right now the gift on top of the table is getting a bit lost.. Maybe try incorporating the packages symbol we have used in other badge designs (ex: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/delivery )
Looking forward to the next round @tanvi :) thanks again!
@riecatnor Hey! I made the changes you asked. Please let me know if there are any more changes. Happy to help here! :D Thanks
@mleonova please let me know the updates for this one! :)
@tanvi, sure! @riecatnor and I will review it and let you know!
@tanvi thanks for your continued work on this badge! @mleonova and I have reviewed this during the badges meeting and some more input to help the design along.
Firstly, the badge files you have are not the correct size. Make sure you are using the templates and not making any adjustments to the size of the document, and you are exporting at 256x256 pixels at 96 dpi. If you need to redownload the templates you can find them here: https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/528
For the pandas, give them some Fedora colors instead of black and adjust some of their poses. Right now they kind of look like panda zombies :) this would be a great badge to use for inspiration: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/lets-have-a-party-fedora-28
I see you have skewed the "packages" in the foreground. I think this might look better with just one package, and no skewing.
Looking forward to your revisions! Thanks!
If we still have time for that, just note that I'd slightly prefer badgers :D
This is my first Badge! I hope you like it!
I forgot to upload the png
As we discussed in the last meeting, here are the changes I made:
Metadata Update from @mleonova:
- Issue assigned to x3mboy
@x3mboy this looks a lot better! A few more thoughts to improve:
- Remove the package and the lower left. It is distracting to the design overall, and one package will get the point across well
- Make the bubbles a bit smaller and try a version that uses a grey stroke (for example: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/meeting-of-the-minds )
Thanks for your work!! Almost there :)
Metadata Update from @riecatnor:
- Assignee reset
I will work on this tonight. Sorry for the delay.
to comment on this ticket.