#1542 User authentication using LDAP doesn't work
Closed: Fixed None Opened 8 years ago by jhrozek.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=854619 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6)

Description of problem:

User authentication using LDAP doesn't work after upgrade from RHEL 6.2 to RHEL
6.3.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):



How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL 6.2
2. Configure machine to do LDAP user authentication
3. Upgrade to RHEL 6.3

Actual results:

# getent passwd user.name

Expected results:

# getent passwd user.name
user.name:x:1011:2000:User Name:/home/user.name:/bin/bash

Additional info:

I can get information about the LDAP user using ldapsearch. It seems that sssd
ignores ldap configuration. I tried downgraded several packages, but I didn't
find what package causes this bug.

Fields changed

blockedby: =>
blocking: =>
coverity: =>
feature_milestone: =>
milestone: NEEDS_TRIAGE => SSSD 1.9.1
owner: somebody => sgallagh
patch: 0 => 1
testsupdated: => 0

master: 3f5953b

resolution: => fixed
status: new => closed

Metadata Update from @jhrozek:
- Issue assigned to sgallagh
- Issue set to the milestone: SSSD 1.9.1

3 years ago

SSSD is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in SSSD's github repository.

This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
- https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/issues/2584

If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.

Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata