Description of problem:
A flaw in the SSSD's access-provider logic causes the result of the HBAC rule
processing to be ignored in the event that the access-provider is also handling
the setup of the user's SELinux user context.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up a FreeIPA server
2. Enroll a client with ipa-client-install
3. Configure FreeIPA with HBAC rules denying access to a user
3. Configure the FreeIPA server to provide an SELinux user context rule for the
4. Configure SSSD with session_provider = ipa
5. Log in as the above user
User is granted access and has the assigned SELinux user context.
User should be denied by the HBAC rules.
Upstream has a patch ready for this issue.
milestone: NEEDS_TRIAGE => SSSD 1.9.0 RC1
tests: => 0
testsupdated: => 0
upgrade: => 0
owner: somebody => jhrozek
resolution: => fixed
status: new => closed
Metadata Update from @jhrozek:
- Issue assigned to jhrozek
- Issue set to the milestone: SSSD 1.9.0 beta 7
to comment on this ticket.
Copyright © 2014-2017 Red Hat
2.90.1 — Documentation