#1303 SSSD is slow at startup
Closed: Fixed None Opened 8 years ago by spoore.

SSSD appears to be taking more than 2+ seconds to start and be able to properly respond to queries in an IPA setup.

I saw this in RHEL but, it was suggested that I open an RFE upstream. The version I was using was 1.8.0-17. This was seen on an IPA Master server.

Is it possible to speed this up without sacrificing something?

From Jakub Hrozek's explanation:
<snip>
SSSD first starts all the back ends (aka domains), then all services
including NSS and PAM. The problem is, that the SSSD IPA domains startup
is taking quite a long time. I added more debugging and it seems that
the biggest culprit is selecting the correct principal from keytab. With
all the debugging on (which admittedly slows things down quite a bit),
one pass of the principal selection function takes more than a second.
For some reason, we are calling the principal selection twice - I assume
that's for identity and authentication parts of the back end but I could
be wrong.
</snip>


Fields changed

milestone: NEEDS_TRIAGE => SSSD 1.9.0
summary: RFE for faster SSSD startup => SSSD is slow at startup
type: enhancement => defect

Fields changed

owner: somebody => pbrezina
status: new => assigned

Fields changed

milestone: SSSD 1.9.0 => SSSD 1.9.1

Fields changed

patch: 0 => 1

master: 798a227

resolution: => fixed
status: assigned => closed

Metadata Update from @spoore:
- Issue assigned to pbrezina
- Issue set to the milestone: SSSD 1.9.1

3 years ago

SSSD is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in SSSD's github repository.

This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
- https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/issues/2345

If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.

Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata