There are two issues:
1) the example config in the SSSD tree uses min_id and max_id. I don't think it
should, the code enforces a different min_id value for local domain and
2) now that shadow-utils defaults to min_id of 1000, we might consider bumping
up the local default to something bigger to avoid immediate clashes with shadow
1) Yes, the example config has several entries in it that are no longer correct. We should open another ticket to go through and update it completely.
2) Frankly, defaulting to 1000 was probably never a good idea to begin with. Perhaps we should start with 20000 to be absolutely certain?
As agreed on today's team meeting, we will not bump up the default. The issue in the BZ linked is primarily a configuration issue due to our incorrect example config file. I have filed https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1014 to track the config file improvements.
This bug can be closed now.
resolution: => invalid
status: new => closed
rhbz: 741164 => [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741164 741164]
milestone: NEEDS_TRIAGE => void
Metadata Update from @jhrozek:
- Issue set to the milestone: void
to comment on this ticket.
Copyright © 2014-2017 Red Hat
2.14.2 — Documentation