The current Fedora Code of Conduct(CoC)  was voted in by the Council in April 2021 . Part of the long term plan is to include Supplemental Documentation that outlines some more detailed information related to the CoC. Some of that is already published under the Clarifying Notes and Statements section of the CoC docs, but there are additional things to be addressed. This work will involve research into what other communities are doing, consultation with experts, and conversations with various stakeholders, including the legal entity behind Fedora.
Here are some of the things this work will address, though I am sure more will pop up as we go:
- what happens to the packages owned by suspended/banned individuals? what steps need to be taken?
- what happens if an incident involves someone who manages incident response (currently the FPL & FCAIC but could be others in the future)?
- what should be expected at Fedora & non-Fedora events wrt the CoC?
- should we work to have translations of the CoC, how should we go about getting it done, and do those need to be reviewed by legal as well?
- development of a "consequence ladder" that can be followed uniformly based on the severity of incidents to ensure cohesion in outcomes
- look into the feasibility of providing totally anonymous reporting
- Determine how we communicate outcomes and document
- At what step would an employer be notified if an individual violating the CoC was working in Fedora for professional reasons?
- Address change log, should we have a page in the docs for that, or is the diff in the git repo sufficient
There was a significant delay in this work based on my personal capacity to manage it. The effort to get the CoC published was substantial along with handling incoming incidents I found that I needed to step away for some time. My current goal is to complete the main additions to the documentation within the 2022 calendar year.
This ticket will track the work on the Supplemental Documentation and updates to the Clarifying Notes and Statements. If anyone has feedback or ideas about how we should address these points, feel free to leave comments and I will incorporate into the first draft. Once there is a working draft for review, I will link the document here for discussion.
I've created a topic on Fedora Discussion for this ticket.
Please keep this ticket focused. Discuss there, and record votes and decisions here. Thanks!
Emphasis added by mattdm: Let's keep a clean separation and have feedback, ideas, suggestions, comments, etc., in the Fedora Discussion thread linked above, and keep this for "clean" summary status updates from Marie. Thanks!
This is still in progress. Next update expected in late May-ish.
to comment on this ticket.