#296 Decide, plan for and clearly communicate any changes to primary Editions and/or release-blocking deliverables for Fedora 33
Closed: approved a year ago by bcotton. Opened a year ago by adamwill.

Hi folks!

As has been discussed in a few places, it seems to be Generally Understood that we are planning to make Fedora IoT and CoreOS primary editions. There was some idea that this was supposed to happen for one or both for Fedora 32. However, AFAIK there was no clear decision made or plan put in place as to whether this was definitely supposed to happen, or how it was supposed to happen. In the end we more or less treated both as still being 'emerging Editions' and not release-blocking deliverables.

We (QA) hope that for the Fedora 33 cycle we can avoid the confusion this caused last cycle, so this ticket is to formally ask the Council:

  1. To make and clearly communicate a definite decision about whether there will be changes to the primary Edition set and/or the release-blocking deliverable set for Fedora 33, and to do it well ahead of the branch date
  2. To ensure that there is a concrete plan for each such change, likely in the form of a Change

tagging @bcotton , who has promised to help make sure this gets done.

Thanks folks!


Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue assigned to bcotton

a year ago

Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue priority set to: Waiting on Assignee (was: Needs Review)
- Issue tagged with: documentation, objectives

a year ago

Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue priority set to: Coming Up (was: Waiting on Assignee)

a year ago

Met with Adam Williamson, Peter Robinson, Mohan Boddu, and Matthew Miller yesterday. I now have a good set of information to work into words that we can use as guidance for this. Soon.

"Soon" is a relative term. I now have a proposal for this based on input from the folks listed above. I'll announce it on Monday to start the policy change policy clock, so consider this an early preview.

As an administrative note, it's on the wiki for now because the place I want to put it in docs.fedoraproject.org doesn't exist yet (that's on my Taiga Board of Shame) and I didn't want to block this policy on that.

The two week community comment period has passed. Council members please vote on the proposal in the next week.

Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue tagged with: ticket-vote

a year ago

After a week, the vote is (+4,0,-0). This is approved.

Metadata Update from @bcotton:
- Issue close_status updated to: approved
- Issue status updated to: Closed (was: Open)

a year ago

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata