We currently do not have an autobind external auth test case. We should develop one.
Metadata Update from @firstyear:
- Custom field reviewstatus adjusted to new
- Custom field type adjusted to defect
- Issue priority set to: 3
- Issue tagged with: Easyfix
Metadata Update from @mreynolds:
- Custom field reviewstatus reset (from new)
- Issue set to the milestone: CI test 1.0
Metadata Update from @ilias95:
- Issue assigned to ilias95
autobind is where we identify you through your process uid, and bind based on that. It uses the ldapi socket (ie filesystem) so it only works on a localhost. You can see https://pagure.io/lib389/blob/master/f/lib389/__init__.py#_1104 here is where we 'detect" if autobind is active, and we do a sasl EXTERNAL to the connection.
As an ldapwhoami command it would be:
ldapwhoami -H ldapi://<some horrendous="" escaped="" string=""> -Y EXTERNAL
might help you.
to comment on this ticket.