#48661 Agreement test suite fails at the test_changes case
Closed: wontfix None Opened 5 years ago by spichugi.

At the test_changes case at the agreement test suite, change to the master can't be replicated to consumer due some reasons.

Error is not always reproducible. Sometimes change can be replicated.


I think that this is masking the problem, rather than solving it. Can you please add this to your test case's fin method:

{{{
# Delete each instance in the end
def fin():
# This is useful for analysing the test env.
standalone.db2ldif(bename=DEFAULT_BENAME, suffixes=[DEFAULT_SUFFIX], excludeSuffixes=[], encrypt=False, \
repl_data=True, outputfile='%s/ldif/%s.ldif' % (standalone.dbdir,SERVERID_STANDALONE ))
standalone.clearBackupFS()
standalone.backupFS()
standalone.delete()
request.addfinalizer(fin)

}}}

Or adjust as needed.

This should create a /tmp/slapd-something, which contains all the replication and other logs. It would be good to examine these to determine the true root cause of the issue you have, rather than this.

Replying to [comment:2 firstyear]:

I think that this is masking the problem, rather than solving it.
I've made research. It is surely because of test_setProperties case. It sets test_schedule = "1234-2345 12345", and when I try to run test case in other time, it fails.

So if we set schedule as "Agreement.ALWAYS" (0000-2359 0123456), it will replicate change in the next test case as it should.

This should create a /tmp/slapd-something, which contains all the replication and other logs. It would be good to examine these to determine the true root cause of the issue you have, rather than this.

Thanks! It is really nice and useful thing I didn't know about. :)

In that case I stand corrected. I see what the issue is. The patch is okay to me. Ack.

Yes, I came up with that trick because I needed to see what was in the DB / logs before it got wiped, so when I am developing, I put that in. Othertimes I just comment out the cleanup in fin(), so that I can post-test connect to the DS and check what is going on.

To ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/389/lib389.git
2c87c62..cef3392 master -> master
commit cef3392c096018122a9aa8469bdf681ec5f3cb29
Author: Simon Pichugin spichugi@redhat.com
Date: Tue Feb 16 19:44:54 2016 +0100

Metadata Update from @spichugi:
- Issue assigned to spichugi
- Issue set to the milestone: 0.0 NEEDS_TRIAGE

4 years ago

Metadata Update from @vashirov:
- Issue set to the milestone: None (was: 0.0 NEEDS_TRIAGE)

2 years ago

389-ds-base is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in 389-ds-base's github repository.

This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
- https://github.com/389ds/389-ds-base/issues/1790

If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.

Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Metadata Update from @spichugi:
- Issue close_status updated to: wontfix (was: Fixed)

a year ago

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata