Many functions in the entry cache code call cache_lock to protect the fields in the backentry, such as ep_state, ep_refcnt, ep_size and double linked list for LRU. We may be able to handle ep_state, ep_refcnt, and ep_size using some atomic operation (e.g., slapi_counter) to reduce the cache global lock.
But maintaining 3 slapi_counter in each entry could be also expensive. We need more investigation.
Metadata Update from @nhosoi:
- Issue set to the milestone: 1.4 backlog
Metadata Update from @firstyear:
- Issue assigned to firstyear
Metadata Update from @mreynolds:
- Custom field reviewstatus adjusted to None
- Issue close_status updated to: None
- Issue set to the milestone: 1.4.5 (was: 1.4 backlog)
- Issue tagged with: Performance
to comment on this ticket.