Under Tasks tab, console allows Directory server instance to be backed up and
restored. In both cases user can specify paths. This is tricky, since Browse
dialog will show files on console machine, not on machine where DS is running.
DS instance can be backed up to non-standard directory from remote console.
However, it cannot be restored from non-standard directory. In Restore dialog,
when path is typed into "Directory" textfield, OK and Browse buttons are greyed
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Console in windows, connect to Admin server
2. Open DS instance windows, go to Tasks -> Back Up Directory Server
3. Choose non-standard directory (make sure permissions and SElinux are OK).
This should be successful.
4. Go to Tasks -> Restore Directory Server
5. Type in path to non-standard directory with backup
6. OK and Browse buttons are greyed out and DS cannot be restored
I was able to reproduce this simply using a remote console. Even if you manually enter the backup directory, the OK button remains disabled - which makes doing restores (remotely) impossible.
eb29b43..cbd0dc9 master -> master
Author: Mark Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wed Sep 3 10:52:56 2014 -0400
Metadata Update from @mreynolds:
- Issue assigned to mreynolds
- Issue set to the milestone: 389-admin,console 1.1.36
389-ds-base is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in 389-ds-base's github repository.
This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.
Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.
Metadata Update from @spichugi:
- Issue close_status updated to: wontfix (was: Fixed)
to comment on this ticket.