Admin console login prompts for "Initialization
Failure" when the DS instance is down. It gives an option "Yes" or "No" to
attempt to restart the Directory Server.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Directory Server packages along with Admin Server/Console
2. Run setup-ds-admin.pl to create DS instance and register it on Admin Server.
3. Run redhat-idm-console to login to the Admin Console. The login is
4. Stop the DS instance. service dirsrv stop.
5. Run Console to login to the Admin Console. It prompts
"Initialization Failure" and lets you choose "Yes" or "No" to restart DS
6. Select "Yes" to restart the Directory Server. The console vanishes.
7. Select "No" to restart the Directory Server. The console vanishes.
In both the cases, the console behaves the same manner. I don't understand why
it prompts "Would you like to restart directory server", when this can't be
achieved from console login prompt.
It should display "Server cannot be contacted", "Please start
the DS instance to login to console". And it should prompt only "Ok" button.
This feature does work, but you must use the "admin" account in the new authentication dialog box. If you use the rootDN account it gives an authentication error.
I was able to reproduce the console vanishing, only when I did NOT use the protocol in the admin url:
If I use
Then it works as expected.
Attaching patch that adds a default protocol if one is missing.
git merge ticket47480
src/com/netscape/management/client/console/LoginDialog.java | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
git push origin master
4d6f8c2..0cc2908 master -> master
Author: Mark Reynolds email@example.com
Date: Wed Aug 27 10:47:30 2014 -0400
Metadata Update from @mreynolds:
- Issue assigned to mreynolds
- Issue set to the milestone: 389-admin,console 1.1.36
389-ds-base is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in 389-ds-base's github repository.
This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.
Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.
Metadata Update from @spichugi:
- Issue close_status updated to: wontfix (was: Fixed)
to comment on this ticket.