#452 automember rebuild task adds users to groups that do not match the configuration scope
Closed: wontfix None Opened 9 years ago by mreynolds.

Two of the autoMembers(autoMemTask04 and autoMemTask05) test cases are failing from daily acceptance tests. I found that the automember slapi task is creating the membership entries in groups, when the automember task is run with "autoMemberFilter: objectClass=inetOrgPerson", where as the plugin is configured with "autoMemberFilter: objectClass=posixAccount".

Rebuild task:

dn: cn=Rebuild,cn=automember rebuild membership,cn=tasks,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
basedn: ou=TaskEmployees,dc=autoMembers,dc=com
filter: (objectClass=inetOrgPerson)
scope: sub

Plugin configuration:

dn: cn=autouserGroups,cn=Auto Membership Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectclass: autoMemberDefinition
autoMemberScope: ou=Employees,dc=autoMembers,dc=com
autoMemberFilter: objectclass=posixAccount

The autoMemberFilter, and scope are not checked when running the task.


In the last part of the patch, you don't check for slapi_dn_issuffix? Do you not need to here?

Replying to [comment:2 rmeggins]:

In the last part of the patch, you don't check for slapi_dn_issuffix? Do you not need to here?

I did skip it on purpose as a base dn is not provided with that task, but we should probably still check each entry to make sure its a child of the config scope. So I'll rework the fix.

git merge ticket452
Updating 0d2516a..82ae04c
Fast-forward
ldap/servers/plugins/automember/automember.c | 19 ++++++++++++++++---
1 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

git push origin master
Counting objects: 13, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 1017 bytes, done.
Total 7 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
To ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/389/ds.git
0d2516a..82ae04c master -> master

Metadata Update from @rmeggins:
- Issue assigned to mreynolds
- Issue set to the milestone: 1.2.11.15

5 years ago

389-ds-base is moving from Pagure to Github. This means that new issues and pull requests
will be accepted only in 389-ds-base's github repository.

This issue has been cloned to Github and is available here:
- https://github.com/389ds/389-ds-base/issues/452

If you want to receive further updates on the issue, please navigate to the github issue
and click on subscribe button.

Thank you for understanding. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Metadata Update from @spichugi:
- Issue close_status updated to: wontfix (was: Fixed)

2 years ago

Login to comment on this ticket.

Metadata